Quick and Healthy Tilapia Fish Tacos
My husband loves fish tacos, and I have been trying to add more fish to my diet, so I decided to try out my own tilapia taco recipe...and it was a hit with my family! I "cleaned up" the slaw and I was actually a little surprised, everyone liked it a lot! This recipe is completely healthy and a great source of all kinds of healthy foods - lean protein, nutrient rich kale and veggies, and healthy fat from the avocado! It's a winner!
- 1 lbs Tilapia Fish - cut into taco sized pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Seasonings: Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Smoked Paprika, Oregano
- 4-5 Cups of Kale or Broccoli Slaw - I used 1/2 bag of Trader Joes Coniferous Crunch Slaw (kale, broccoli, brussels sprouts, green and red cabbage)
- 1/2 Cup 0% Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika, Salt and Pepper
- 1 Lime
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- Whole Wheat or Corn Street Sized Tacos (small size)
Fish: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rinse the Tilapia and pat dry. Lightly brush with olive oil and liberally sprinkle the spices over fish (Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Smoked Paprika, Oregano) - repeat on the other side. Bake at 375 for 8 minutes, turn over and continue baking another 8 minutes, or until fish is no longer translucent and flakes easily with a fork.
Slaw: While fish is baking, in a large bowl mix Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, paprika, salt, pepper and juice form 1/2 of the lime. Stir in kale slaw mix.
Tacos: Slice Avocados and sprinkle with juice from remaining half of lime. Layer whole wheat or corn tortillas with fish, sliced avocado and top with slaw.
(How cute are those taco holders? My family loves them - you can find them here)
Servings 4, Calories 295, Fat 12g (sat fat 2g) Cholesterol 59mg, Total Carbs 32, Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 4g, Protein 30g
To download printable recipe, fill out the form below and after submitting the form, click the link.
Pin now, so you won't forget later!