21 Minute Total Body Band Circuit
We love the 21 minute workouts and we know you do too! They get the job done when you are busy and but are still committed to working out! All full body workouts help you get the maximum metabolic effect by utilizing all your muscles - it's hard work for your body, which means more change in less time!
This workout uses resistance bands for the strength training, which are super portable and can be taken anywhere from outdoors, to your vacation destination. If you don't have a set of bands, here are the ones we use. Always feel free to use dumbbells instead of bands as well.
The format of this 21 minute workout differs from our AMRAP format, but you will still complete the workout in 21 minutes! Enjoy the burn and challenge yourself!
- Start alarm or timer for 21 minutes at the beginning of the workout.
- Do each exercise for 10-12 Reps.
- Move through exercises 1-10 and repeat the circuit as many times as possible before 21 minutes are complete.
- Once the timer is over, you stop working.
- The key to using resistance bands is to make sure you have enough tension - if you aren't feeling anything, you need to shorten your grip on the bands.
- Take breaks as needed.
- Click on exercises to see video demonstrations.
- You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs. Click HERE for full disclaimer.
- Resistance Bands (you can find ours here)
- OR Dumbbells
Warm-Up - 30 seconds each exercise
boxer shuffle, butt kicks, jumping jacks, skaters, good mornings, squat kicks, lunges, side lunges (click here for video of warm up exercises)
Remember - with bands, the way to increase difficulty is to shorten the band. If you are doing an exercise and don't feel anything, shorten the band until you get the desired degree of difficulty.
- Squat Side Step with Band 10-12 each direction (band just below knees)
- Front and Lateral Raises 10-12 total
- Butterfly Glute Raise with Band 10-12 (band at knees)
- Tricep Kickbacks with Bands 10-12
- Sumo Squat with Band 10-12 (band just below knees)
- Standing Rhomboid Band Pulls 10-12 (make sure to pull the band below bust line, drawing shoulder blades together, and keep the band tight - if you don't feel anything, grab the band with hands closer together.)
- Squat with One Legged Band Pulse 10-12 each leg (band just below knees)
- Hammer Curl with Bands 10-12
- X-Band Mini Steps 10-12 each leg
- Band Tricep Extensions 10-12
Repeat as many times as possible before the 21 minutes is over.