Transforming Tabata Leg Workout
Tabata training is a style of conditioning that was developed by a Japanese scientist, Dr. Izumi Tabata, and a group of researchers. I won't bore you with all the details (you can read more about it here); the bottom line is, high-intensity interval training of tabata has amazing impact on both the aerobic (cardiovascular) and anaerobic (muscle) systems. Tabata is great to get a quick workout in if you're short on time, you need to switch up your routine, or you want improve endurance and speed. This leg workout is a version of the tabata style that has both cardio and strength exercises in each set so you not only burn calories, but you are sculpting your muscles as well. We did this workout in class and the ladies loved it! You work hard and fast, but you feel accomplished and proud upon completion! Incorporate this type of workout into your fitness routine and you will see results!
- AABBAABB format
- 20 seconds on/10 seconds rest
- rest as needed between sets
- You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs. Click HERE for full disclaimer.
- loop band
Warm up: 30 seconds each exercise
- boxer shuffle, butt kicks, jumping jacks, good mornings, squat kicks, lunges, side lunges
- (click HERE for video demo of warm up)