Ultimate Calorie Burning Upper Body Arm Workout
This workout is absolutely brilliant! Okay...I know what you are thinking. What makes this workout "absolutely brilliant?" Well, if you've ever done an upper body strength workout, you know how challenging it is to burn many calories, since you're using smaller muscles. Your heart doesn't have to beat as hard, so your calorie burn is usually pretty low. This workout addresses this challenge because it is designed to give you maximum caloric burn while still increasing lean muscle! The picture above is actually from my client's Fitbit after she did this workout! She burned over 500 calories on an upper body day...awesome!
- Perform 2 sets of each pair of exercises, then move to the next set
- Exercises should be done ABAB
- Each strength exercise should have 10-12 reps
- You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs. Click HERE for full disclaimer.
- plate (optional for bus driver)
Warm up: 30 seconds each exercise
- boxer shuffle, butt kicks, jumping jacks, skaters, good mornings, squat kicks, reverse lunges, side lunges (click here for video of warm up exercises)
Workout: Repeat each pair of exercises 2 times
A Chest Press 12 - B Mt Climber 40
A Bicep Curl 12 - B Reverse Crunch 15
A Tricep Extension 12 - B Jumping Jack 40
A Lateral Raises 12 - B Bicycle Crunch 40
A Wide Row 12 - B High Knees 60
A Flies 12 - B Plank Shoulder Tap 20
A Hammer Curl 12 - B Burpees 10
A Tricep Kickbacks 12 - B Long Leg Obliques 30
A Bus Driver or Front Raises 12 - B Jump Rope 50
A Lat Pull Overs 12 - B Knee Ups 25 each side
A Alternating Shoulder Press 12 - B Russian Twist 25
A Incline Grip Chest 12 - B Skaters 30
Fill out the form below for the printable workout. Don't forget to click the link after submitting.