Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
My husband loves PF Changs' lettuce wraps! It's his standard order whenever he goes. I modified and combined several recipes to come up with this clean and DELICIOUS version. It only takes about 15 minutes to prep these Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps and while it's in the slow cooker, it make the house smell yummy! This recipe is great for a week night meal or for an appetizer when you have the entire clan over for football. Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps are a super lean source of protein that your whole family will enjoy!
- 3 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 bell pepper (green, yellow or red), chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- green onions or radish sticks for garnish
- lettuce-I use Romain or Boston
- 1 can water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (can add more rice if you want the dish to go further for a large group)
- 3/4 c soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp. siracha sauce (depending on how spicey your gang likes it)
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
Brown turkey on stove. While turkey is browning, add onion, pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, siracha sauce and garlic to slow cooker and stir. After turkey is browned, drain off any fat then add to slow cooker and toss with added ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Ten minutes before serving, stir in cooked brown rice and water chestnuts. Cover and let heat through for about ten minutes. Serve turkey mix on a leaf of lettuce and garnish with green onions or radish sticks. Enjoy!