Tank Top Arms Workout
Looking for definition in your arms? Then strength training is a must! Don't be afraid to pick up weight or bands, - strength training boosts your metabolism, helps you drop body fat and builds lean muscle! This is one of my favorite upper body workouts, it hits all the major muscle groups and it keeps my heart rate up so I am burning calories too! It's a win/win!
The way the workout is set up, you can do both upper body exercises back to back since they are using completely different muscle groups. The cardio bursts give your upper body an active recovery, and it allows you to move through each set faster! I love this workout!
Grab some dumbbells and give this workout a try!
- Dumbbells or bands
- go through each set 2 times and move to next set (if you are not taking long breaks, you can do three sets of each exercise as you progress in your physical fitness)
- Take breaks as needed
- Click on highlighted exercises to see a video demonstration on exercises.
- You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs. Click HERE for full disclaimer.
Warm up: 30 seconds each exercise
boxer shuffle, butt kicks, jumping jacks, skaters, good mornings, squat + kick, lunges, side lunges (click here to see video demo of warm up)
Set 1 - Do 2 Times Through
- Incline Chest Press 10-12 reps (video shows a chest press on a ball, to do incline chest press use a bench at a slight incline. Elevated less than 45 degrees)
- Alternating Bicep Curls 10-12 reps
- Jumping Jack 30
Set 2 - Do 2 Times Through
Set 3 - Do 2 Times Through
- Chest Flies 10-12 reps
- Lateral Raises 10-12 reps (video shows with bands, can be done with dumbbells)
- Jump Rope 50
Set 4 - Do 2 Times Through
Set 5 - Do 2 Times Through
- Alternating Shoulder Press 10-12 reps (video shows wit bands, can be done standing with dumbbells)
- 15’s Bicep Curl - 5 Bottom Half/5 Top Half/5 Full Range
- High Knees 50 or High Knee Skips 25
Sign up for our newsletter and get a downloadable copy of the workout to take to the gym with you!
(Don't forget to click the link after you submit the form!)