300 Calorie Iced Coffee Protein Smoothie
Now that you know how much sugar is in a great majority of the beverages at Starbucks and other beverage stops, I thought I should share a recipe for a deliciously creamy, slightly sweet breakfast with a strong coffee flavor. I found this recipe on popsugar and fell in love! This is a cool way to enjoy your cup of coffee in the morning on a hot, summer day while also getting a healthy dose of protein. It will keep you full for hours and tastes a little like melted coffee ice cream, so... I love it! As a bonus, it's a great way to use leftover coffee - just put it in the fridge and grab it the next morning.
- 1 cup black coffee, cooled in the fridge
- 22 grams vanilla protein powder
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk or almond milk
- 3 ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, saving three of the ice cubes.
- Puree until smooth and ENJOY!
- 309 calories/serving
- 22 g protein
*photos from popsugar