8 Minute Ab Blaster Circuit
Looking for a quick circuit to sculpt your abs, strengthen your core and help reduce the risk of lower back pain? This 8 Minute Ab Blaster Circuit is perfect for strengthening your total core, and adding flexibility to keep your body healthy. Whether you do it alone, or add it to the end of a strength workout, it requires nothing but timer and you can do it literally anywhere! Grab your timer and get ready to get your abs in shape!
- Do each exercise for 40 seconds and take a 20 second break between exercises.
- Do circuit 1-2 times through
- You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs. Click HERE for full disclaimer.
1. Bird Dog - Table top on hands and knees. Extend opposite hand and leg, bring elbow to knee and extend out again, repeating - switch halfway
2. Scissor Kicks - On back, raise feet slightly and move feet out to side, bring to center and cross, moving legs back out again and alternating top foot during the cross
3. Down Dog Thruster - Bend at hips and place palms on ground, in a down dog position. Maintaining straight legs, take small hops forward and back, pulling abs up in a pike position during the hops.
4. Flutter Kicks - On back with feet slightly raised, alternate feet back and forth in a up and down motion.
5. Walk Out to Plank - From standing position, bend at hips and place hands on the floor. Walk out to a plank position and walk hands back in and stand. Repeat, trying to maintain straight legs and strong core. (picture demo shows a push-up which is optional)
6. Russian Twist - Sit in a reclined position, leaning back. Raise feet off ground and reach hands from one side to the other side, repeating back and forth.
7. Side Plank Hip Taps Right - One arm side plank, drop hips to touch ground and pull back to starting plank position.
8. Side Plank Hip Taps Left - Repeat left side