Yoga Ball Full Body Challenge
Yoga balls; also known as exercise balls, stability balls, Swiss balls, physiology balls, are large vinyl balls you can use to stretch and strenghen your body while also improving your core strength and balance. Working out with a stability ball is a fantastic way to take traditional strength training to a fun, new level. This is a workout I came up with for my college girls because the yoga ball is such a versatile piece of equipment that is very inexpensive. They love to do this workout at the rec center in the open area or at their apartment and dorm. With Spring in the air, I'd love doing this in my backyard too! All you need is a stability ball and you'll get in a fantastic, full body workout! If you are running short on time, go through the circuit one time. If you would like to really torch some calories, go throught it 3 times. Each circuit should take you about 12 minutes. Print this workout and put it on your bulletin board for a great go to sculpt and burn workout! Have a ball!!! tee hee!
- Work through the 12 exercise circuit following the reps for each exercise.
- Rest as needed. *try to get through 3 exercises in a row and then rest to really challenge yourself*
- Go through the full circuit anywhere from 1 to 3 times.
- You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs. Click HERE for full disclaimer.
- stability ball/yoga ball
1. push up + knee tuck 10
2. back extensions 15-20
3. one legged hamstring curls L/R 10
4. high knees 30
5. plank twist 10
6. hamstring curls 20
7. straight leg toe touch 15-20
8. pike crunch 10
9. one legged squats L/R 10
10. mountain climbers 30
11. shin holds 15-20
12. sumo wall squats 20