The Perfect Partner Workout in 30 Minutes!
My oldest daughter is visiting her good friend in Ohio this week and their calendar is full of all sorts of fun activities including hitting the gym. They are genuinely excited about working out together and have even picked some workouts from the blog that they will do together. It got me to thinking about partner workouts and how beneficial they are both mentally and physically. Research shows 80% of people feel they are more likely to fit in workouts and stick with their routines if they have a workout buddy. You'll not only get to spend time with your buddy, but you'll also work out way harder than if you were going through the motions solo. You push yourself more than you would on your own! I always rise to the occasion when I get to workout with Cindy! Even more than that, a study from the University of Pittsburg reports that women who exercised with a friend lost 1/3 more weight than those who hit the gym on their own. So when you are having trouble finding the motivation to put your fitness at the top of your to do list, call a friend and try this perfect partner workout!
- While you do the exercise A, your partner does exercise B. Then switch.
- Take 60 second breaks between sets as needed
- You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs. Click HERE for full disclaimer.
dumbbells and/or bands
Warm up: 30 seconds each
boxer shuffle, butt kicks, jumping jacks, skaters, good mornings, squat kicks, lunges, side lunges
- A. 12 inner/outer bicep curls B. 15-burpee jumping jacks
- A. 12 curtsy to side lunge L/R B. 20-long leg oblique pulses
- A. 12 skull crushers B. 15-3 pulse 180 jump squats
- A. 12 one legged deadlift L B. 20-opposite toe touches
- A. 12 front shoulder raise w/torso rotation. B. 15-Heisman shuffle
- A. 12 one legged deadlift R B. 20-side plank elbow crunch
- A. 12 medicine ball push ups B. 60-high knees
- A. 12 squats B. 20-bicycles
- A. 12 side plank flies L/R B. 60-jump ropes
- A. 12 reverse lunge w/shoulder raise L/R B. 20-star crunches