Want a Delicious Dinner, But are Short on Time? Try This Greek Chicken Recipe!
I wish I was the mom that planned meals for a week and only went the to grocery once in a blue moon. When I see ladies with lists and a sense of purpose at the grocery I am overcome with envy! So when dinner rolls around and everyone is asking WHAT'S FOR DINNER, I am always throwing things together last minute. This recipe is one I put together using a variety of ideas and sources and by some miracle....EVERYONE liked it! Not only is it delicious, but its clean and low in calories and fat! And best of all, you probably already have everything in your refrigerator and panty! Yahoo!
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 4-6 sweet potatoes cut into smaller cubes (so they'll bake relatively fast)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into thick slices
- I head of broccoli cut into florets (optional; if I have it, I use it)
- slice up the lemon you used for the marinade
- 1 can pitted kalamata olives
- 1 1/2 cup low fat or no fat feta cheese
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1-1/2 tsp course salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 475°F
- Make the marinade: combine all the ingredients together in a glass measuring cup and whisk vigorously until well combined.
- Place the chicken, sweet potatoes, red bell pepper, broccoli, lemon slices and onion on a baking sheet sprayed with pam or lined with foil.
- Drizzle with marinade and toss until all the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then add the olives and feta cheese, set the oven to broil and continue cooking for another 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese starts to turn golden around the edge and the chicken and potatoes are nicely browned.
YUMMY! A delicious dinner with very little prep and cook time that will make you look like a rock star! As an added bonus, leftovers are delicious in a whole grain pita the next day for lunch!