Our Go To Cardio/Core Circuit
HIIT CARDIO-CORE WORKOUT
This is the go to calorie burning workout that Cindy and I swear by. A year or so ago, we were trying to come up with a workout that would burn calories, not take all day, and wouldn't leave us lying on the floor in a heap of sweat. Don't get me wrong, there is a place for that type of workout, but on this particular day, we were in a rush and wanted to spend time with our gal pals for an afternoon get together. Thus, our cardio/core circuit was born. The 20 second cardio gets your heart rate up, while the core allows you to recover a little, and incorporate some core strengthening too. This is an awesome workout that can be varied according to ability level, requires no equipment and can be modified easily. One of the things I love most about this workout is that it can be done anywhere - outside, while traveling, or at home. Take this workout and make it your own and as I always say....grab a friend and do this circuit together!
- 20 seconds on/10 seconds rest * here is the Seconds app we love for timing circuits*
- 2 times through circuit for beginner - 4 times through circuit for advanced
- 1:00-2:00 minutes rest between circuits
- 10 minutes per circuit
- You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs. Click HERE for full disclaimer.
warm up: 30 seconds of each exercise
- boxer shuffle, butt kicks, jumping jacks, skaters, good mornings, squat kicks, lunges, side lunges
- Click on any of the exercises for a video demo.
- If any of the cardio exercises are too challenging for where you are in your fitness journey, substitue it with the boxer shuffle.
- Jump Squat (Modified version of Jump Squat)
- Reverse Crunch
- Jumping Jack Tap Down
- Russian Twist
- Burpee + jumping jack
- Cross punch crunch
- Reverse Lunge Skip
- Scissors Kicks
- Jump Lunge (Modified version of Jump Lunge)
- Plank froggers
- Right Side Plank Hip Tap
- High Knees
- Up Down Plank
- Zig Zag Jump
- In and Out Crunch
- Squat Jack
- Left Side Plank Hip Tap
- Fast Feet
- Plank Shoulder Tap