Beginner Workout With Only 4 Exercises! (or for anyone who doesn't want to think too hard for their calorie burn:)
To be honest, this workout is great for anyone! I did it yesterday morning when I just wasn't in the mood to think too much during my workout. It is a great cardio/core workout that has a satisfying calorie burn. For you beginners, it is a great way to get started with your fitness journey because you don't have to worry about any more than 4 basic exercises. Perfect for everyone!
- Set your circuit timer for 20 seconds of exercise and 10 seconds of rest for a total of 20 exercises. (Cindy and I like to use the Seconds Pro Interval Timer app for our circuit timer)
- Do exercise A for 20 seconds and rest for 10 seconds. Then exercise B for 20 seconds and rest for 10 seconds.
- Repeat this AB format for a total of 10 times. (ABABABABABABABABABAB)
- After you do the first AB set of exercises 10 times, walk for 5 minutes. (You can walk on a treadmill, outside, or around and around your family room like I did.)
- Now you do the second set of AB exercises 10 times.
- After you do the second set of AB exercises 10 times, walk for 5-10 minutes.
- Beginners, do the bold exercises.
- You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs. Click HERE for full disclaimer.
- jump rope, kick ball (can be done without either)
Warm up: 30 seconds each exercise
boxer shuffle, butt kicks, jumping jacks, skaters, good mornings, squat kicks, alternating lunges, side lunges (click here for a vido demo of each of the exercises)
A. jump rope or low kicks