We will have a basic clean eating informational meeting from 12-1 and give out some crock pot meal ideas and answer any clean eating questions from 1-2. Hope to see you!
7N655 Wagontire Road
HERE ARE SOME OF THE RECIPES WE SHARED....AND TASTED. YUMMY!
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup (on blog, click to go to post)
Slow Cooker Jambalaya (on blog, click to go to post)
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Yield: About 9 fajitas
Prep Time: 15 minutes
· 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
· 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes with green chilies
· 1 red , orange and green bell pepper, julienned
· 1 large yellow onion , halved and sliced
· 4 cloves garlic , minced
· 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
· 2 tsp ground cumin
· 1 tsp paprika
· 3/4 tsp ground coriander
· 1 tsp salt
· 3/4 tsp pepper
· 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
· whole wheat tortillas
· For toppings:
· fage, cilantro, salsa, guacamole,
1. Pour half of the canned tomatoes into the bottom of a slow cooker and spread into an even layer. Top with half of the peppers and half of the onions. Sprinkle garlic in. Top with chicken breasts.
2. In a bowl whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper. Evenly sprinkle half of the seasoning over chicken breasts then flip chicken and sprinkle in remainder. Top with remaining half of the tomatoes, then layer in remaining peppers and onions.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH heat 3 - 4 hours or low heat 6 - 8 hours, until chicken has cooked through and veggies are tender (note that if you want to be able to cut chicken into strips cook more near lesser time on HIGH or LOW, otherwise it will probably just shred, which is also fine).
4. Remove chicken, and cut into strips, or shred. Ladle out 1 cup of the broth in slow cooker (mostly tomato liquid) and discard. Add lime juice to slow cooker along with chicken and season with additional salt to taste if desired. Gently toss. Sere warm in warmed tortillas with fage and optional guacamole, salsa.
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CHILI
This Slow Cooker Chicken Chili recipe comes together in just a few minutes and creates a hearty and healthy dinner that the entire family will love!
· 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
· 1 cup diced bell peppers , (red or orange)
· 1 diced green bell pepper
· 1 jalapeno pepper , seeded & minced
· 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained & rinsed
· 1 14 oz can black beans , drained & rinsed
· 1 14 oz can kidney beans , drained & rinsed
· 1 large onion , diced
· 1 can Rotel tomatoes
· 3/4 cup salsa
· 2 limes , juiced
· 3 cups chicken broth , low sodium
· 3 cloves garlic
· 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
· 1 tablespoon chili powder
· 1 can refried beans
1. Place chicken, bell peppers, jalapeno pepper, corn, beans, onion and tomatoes into the slow cooker.
2. In a large bowl combine salsa, lime juice, chicken broth, garlic, cumin and chili powder. Pour over chicken mixture.
3. Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours. Remove and shred chicken. Return chicken to slow cooker, stir in refried beans and cook an additional 15-20 minutes or until hot.
4. Serve with a dollop of Fage.
CHICKEN SOUP IN THE CROCK POT!
This is a hearty and healthy chicken and orzo soup that will satisfy you any night of the week.
• 3-4 chicken breast
• 1 bag shredded carrots
• 1 medium diced onion
• 1 tblsp Italian seasoning
• 1 tblsp parsley
• 8 c. low-sodium chicken broth
• bunch celery
• 2 c. whole wheat orzo
1. Place the chicken, onion, parsley, Italian seasoning in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add the broth and 2 cups water, cover, and cook until the chicken is cooked through and easily shreds, 7 to 8 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high.
2. Thirty minutes before serving, transfer the chicken to a bowl.
3. Cut the celery into 1/4-inch pieces and add it and the bag of shredded carrots to the slow cooker along with the orzo. Cover and cook on high until the orzo is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, shred the chicken into large pieces.
5. Just before serving, return the chicken to the slow cooker and cook for 3 minutes.